The purpose of this article is to save me some time. I have realized that every time I resurrect the beloved machine of a family member, I install the list of software. Update: I have also created an Android version of this article.
In the future, if a friend or family member needs software advice, I will point them to this article. They get the correct software recommendations, and no more shifty download pages.
I will update the list from time to time.
Feel free to browse for yourself 🙂
My mum uses Windows
- TeamViewer *must have for every family member – real livesaver!
- Irfan view *for not commercial use
- otherwise windows built-in
- use the built-in Windows Defender
- otherwise nothing *everything else is worse then a virus. To long to rant…
- Recommended Browser plug-ins:
- Keepass *even my wife says it is not that bad to use one.
- Filezilla *usually no family member knows what to do with this